This charter sets out resident’s rights whilst living with us.
Each resident has the right
- To be given knowledge about Hillcrest Nursing Home prior to admission including details of the terms and conditions of admission
- To be given access to all our services and resources according to their needs
- To be given the opportunity to participate in the development of a personal care plan and to review this on a regular basis.
Each resident will be
- Treated with dignity
- Protected from harm and exploitation
- Treated according to status regardless of disability or infirmity, free from discrimination
- Free to consent to or refuse a service, subject to any implications of refusing them
- Free to choose their own medical and dental practitioners
- Free to comment upon, complain about or give thanks for the quality of care received
- Free to contact the Registration Authority in any event or regarding an unresolved complaint.
All residents can be assured that
- Any medical treatment offered will be on the instruction of a medical practitioner
- Any information given or received will be both relevant and accurate treated confidentially and kept securely
- Any information obtained will be done so fairly and carefully, held only for relevant purposes and neither used nor disclosed to third parties without consent.